Perfetti Van Melle is a privately held company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk, and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success. Have a quick look in our organisation here.
For our Process & Technology team of Perfetti Van Melle Benelux BV in Breda we are looking for a:
Packaging Development Manager
The Packaging Development Manager is responsible for development and implementation of projects, processes and training that drive continuous and sustained innovations and improvements in packaging and packaging operations. So if you’ve always wanted to work with fun and big brands in a very innovative environment? Join our team!
In this role, the Packaging Development Manager will report to the Benelux Process and Technology Director and to the Group Packaging Development Director. He/she will:
• Lead a team of 2 packaging development specialists;
• Work and interact continuously with QA, Process team, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Marketing and Group R&D function to accomplish the best suitable packaging for our product portfolio.
These will be your responsibilities:
• Leading and coaching the team of packaging development specialists in Benelux;
• Providing daily support and guidance to own team to achieve the team’s goals and meet expectations;
• Responsible of the compliance and correctness of packaging specifications;
• Providing support to marketing, supply chain and manufacturing teams to ensure compliance of packaging materials and packed goods to specifications and requirements (quality, food safety, efficiency);
• Initiating, leading and/or participating in cross functional teams for a successful execution of packaging development projects (quality improvement, value engineering, sustainability) in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and coordinating the execution of activities and projects assigned to and/or owned by the packaging development team as well as reporting results on a regular basis;
• Tracking and monitoring the latest developments in packaging materials, processes and regulations, and translating them to initiatives relevant for our business (making recommendations on strategy, direction, and opportunities to innovate and improve the performance, quality and/or efficiency of packaging components and -processes);
• Maintaining and expanding a network of relevant internal & external relations, stakeholders, partners, suppliers and knowledge institutes;
• Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Marketing or Food & Design;
• Proven track record with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in technological packaging development, preferably in FMCG and/or the food industry;
• Good managerial skills and experience in leading, coaching and motivating teams;
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage complex projects, meet critical project milestones, and communicate cross functionally;
• Drive for results
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
• Affinity with marketing, manufacturing and supply chain;
• Understands and capable of applying key business processes;
• Personal skills: hands on, creative, flexible, innovative, enthusiastic, entrepreneur, commercial feeling and relationship-builder;
The successful applicant will join a passionate team where the emphasis is on growing the business to its full potential. If you've ever wanted to work with great brands within an environment that is all about making it happen, Perfetti Van Melle is a great place to ignite your career and offers real opportunities for personal and professional development.
You can apply via the applicationform.