deSter/ DUPP - Food Recruitment
is looking for a
Project Leader Ecological Packaging (With a strong background in environmental friendly food packaging)
Headquartered with a worldwide sales office in Hoogstraten, Belgium, deSter is an international company and member of the gategroup. They actively design, develop and manufacture food packaging for a wide range of markets across the globe, especially airlines, foodservice, Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) chains, food processors, hotels & rail customers. They are specialized in thermoformed and injection moulded plastics, cutlery packs, condiments and aluminium products. Their in- house production is located in Belgium, Hoogstraten to serve European customers and Thailand, Prachinburi, to serve APAC, Middle eastern and US customers. deSter ensures that the customer’s unique style and individual needs are taken into account in order to create innovative, tailor made concepts, in which trendsetting design and down-to-earth practicality go hand in hand. They aim for a perfect balance between look and feel, functionality, cost and environmental impact and offer full customer support from initial design to final product supply and beyond. deSter is global number one in food packaging for airline, but is increasing their focus on food packaging products for the food processor markets (e.g. prepacked salad, fruit and meals) and the development of environmental friendly packaging. To serve this further growth they are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Project Leader Ecological Packaging.
- Responsible for translating the customers’ needs and wishes into a clear briefing and managing these development projects from idea to final delivery
- Providing and supporting Sales with technical expertise concerning packaging material and contributing in presentations to customers for foodservice and airline clients
- Leading and supporting packaging projects with focus on quality, new technologies, sustainability, light weight products, efficiency and cost optimization
- Coordination of packaging solutions in close collaboration with customers and setting up requirements in line with expectations
- Setting up key selling arguments to create the right marketing story for the future eco-message
- Monitoring and identifying new trends en developments in environmental friendly packaging and translating them into product development
- Responsible for the eco-story within deSter and creating and expanding the eco-strategy and the related actions
- Working closely together with the teams of Engineering, Design, Sales, Quality, Operations, Procurement and Marketing
- Reporting to the Director Product Development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in e.g. Technology or Product Development with additional education or experience in packaging
- Relevant working experience in packaging development and packaging engineering within the food industry
- Technical knowledge of packaging materials, preferably experience with cardboard, bagasse (pulp) and bio-plastic food packaging and the related production techniques
- Strong project manager with experience in leading cross functional teams within set targets and time frames
- Excellent verbal en written communication skills in English and preferable in Dutch
- Willingness to travel short trips worldwide (approximately 10% of the total time)
- Personal Skills: Team player, analytical, well organised, solution oriented, flexible mindset strategic thinking, clear vision and a hands-on attitude, proactive.
Visit our website www.dupp.nl for more jobs in food.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Janneke van der Logt, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-23637490 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org
deSter selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.