deSter/ DUPP - Food Recruitment
is looking for a
Project Leader Cardboard Packaging (Open minded person with a commercial feeling and strong packaging background)
Headquartered with a worldwide sales office in Hoogstraten, Belgium, deSter is an international company and member of the gategroup. They actively design, develop and manufacture food packaging for a wide range of markets across the globe, especially airlines, foodservice, Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) chains, food processors, hotels & rail customers. They are specialized in thermoformed and injection moulded plastics, cutlery packs, condiments and aluminium products. Their in- house production is located in Belgium, Hoogstraten to serve European customers and Thailand, Prachinburi, to serve APAC, Middle eastern and US customers. deSter ensures that the customer’s unique style and individual needs are taken into account in order to create innovative, tailor made concepts, in which trendsetting design and down-to-earth practicality go hand in hand. They aim for a perfect balance between look and feel, functionality, cost and environmental impact and offer full customer support from initial design to final product supply and beyond. deSter is global number one in food packaging for airline, but is increasing their focus on the growth in Buy on Board Food Packaging. To serve this further growth they are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Project Leader Cardboard Packaging.
- Responsible for translating of airline customers’ needs and wishes into a clear briefing and managing these development projects from beginning to end, together with the Gategroup Innovation Team
- Providing and supporting Sales with technical expertise concerning packaging material and contributing in presentations to clients
- Setting up product specifications and product drawings for the process input towards suppliers
- Leading and supporting co-development packaging projects with focus on quality, new technologies, sustainability, light weight products, efficiency and cost optimization
- Coordinating of packaging solutions in close collaboration with customers and setting up requirements in line with expectations on usage of the products, operations and logistics
- Internal contact person for the Gategroup Innovation Team for all technical related matters related to cardboard packaging
- Monitoring and identifying new trends en developments in cardboard packaging and translating them into product development
- Working closely together with the teams of Engineering, Design, Sales, Quality, Operations, Procurement and Marketing
- Reporting to the Senior Product Developer Cardboard Products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in e.g. Technology or Product Development with additional education or experience in packaging
- Relevant working experience in packaging development and packaging engineering within the food industry
- Technical knowledge of packaging materials, preferably experience with cardboard, plastic and other food packaging and the related production techniques
- Strong project manager with experience in leading cross functional teams within set targets and time frames
- Excellent verbal en written communication skills in English and preferable in Dutch
- Willingness to travel short trips worldwide
- Personal Skills: Team player, analytical, well organised, solution oriented, flexible mindset, strategic thinking, clear vision and a hands-on attitude.
Visit our website www.dupp.nl for more jobs in food.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Janneke van der Logt, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-23637490 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com
deSter selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.