Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 75.000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices.
At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realise your potential!
Abbott Nutrition, an independent division of Abbott BV offers a full range of medical supplies, tailored to the specific nutritional needs of the patient. The range consists of drinking and tube feedings like Ensure ™ Plus and Jevity®, from disease-specific nutrition including Prosure®, and drinking and tube feeding for children.
In order to support the increasing level and complexity of activities within Packaging Engineering globally, Abbott Nutrition is looking for a
Principle Packaging Engineer
Cans to be based out of Zwolle, The Netherlands.
The Principle Packaging Engineer - Cans is accountable for the provision of technical expertise in the areas of Packaging and Packaging Performance for products manufactured in Abbott Nutrition International and is the Subject Matter Expert in Cans.
- Provide technical leadership within Manufacturing Technology in Abbott Manufacturing Organisation and to Third Party Manufacturers
- Act as a recognized subject matter expert in Metal Can Product Packaging, Labelling and Artwork Management
- Act as the Technical Lead and/or project lead for tech transfer projects.
- Accountable for leading significant projects in technology transfer and process robustness improvement.
- Support operational management of Plant Teams
- Ensure maintenance of technical best practice and regulatory compliance.
- Provide ongoing technical support to Abbott Nutrition Plants to ensure
- compliance and security of supply – metrics review, investigation close-out, process improvement. Implement / OPEX initiatives as necessary.
- Knowledge of global regulatory requirements related to design and control of Packaging processes.
- Candidate will be required to provide support to European and Asia Abbott Nutrition Operations
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
- At minimum 5 years’ experience in a Technical Leadership role in a Product Manufacturing or Packaging environment.
- Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of relevant Can Product Packaging Processes is highly preferred - Primary Packaging and Secondary Packaging, along with Labelling and Artwork requirements
- Proven record of achievement in technical and project leadership.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organisation with proven influencing and negotiation ability
- Acknowledged technical leadership
- Fluent English is a must, command of the Dutch language is highly desired.
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective.
Learn more at www.abbottcareers.com.
How to apply:
Please leave your resume and motivation behind on our online application form.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.